Vrijdom, LLC, as operator of BetsyDeVos.com (BDV.com) values the privacy of individuals who visit our website. This statement sets forth important details about how we collect and use personal information from website visitors.
Collection of Information
BDV.com collects the following information from you:
- Mailing Lists. When you sign up to any of our mailing lists, BDV.com collects your email address and other contact information that you provide to us. We will also collect email addresses and other contact information provided by you as part of your use of the features and functions of the website. By submitting an email address and other contact information you consent (or warrant that the owner of such email address and other contact information has expressly consented) to being placed on our mailing lists and thereby receive email and other correspondence from BDV.COM, including newsletters, event advertisements, and website updates. You may remove your email address from the applicable mailing list at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email from BDV.COM. Although BDV.COM will promptly remove your email address from its mailing list, you may still receive any emails that are initiated before your email address is removed from the list.
- Logfiles and other website tracking information. As part of your use of the website BDV.COM collects non-personally identifiable information about you through your IP address, computer settings or most recently visited URL.
- Other collections. From time to time, we may also ask you to provide certain non-personally identifiable information about yourself.
Children and Privacy
BDV.COM does not knowingly collect information from or about children age 13 and under.
Our site contains links to other Internet websites, and BDV.com is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of any linked sites.
Changes to Policy
To unsubscribe from any BDV.com electronic newsletter, please send an email request to email@example.com and type the word “unsubscribe” in the subject line.
Any questions regarding this statement should be directed to our site coordinator through our Contact Us page.
Copyright and Trademark Information
All materials on this website are protected by copyrights, trademarks, and/or other intellectual property rights. These materials are either owned by BDV.com or its affiliates, or are used with permission of their owners or as otherwise authorized by law. Such materials include, but are not limited to, the photographs, images, illustrations, text, video clips, audio clips, designs, logos, trademarks, trade dress, and other materials contained in this website. All rights are reserved, worldwide.
Users may print or reproduce discrete portions of BDV.com materials published on this site, for purposes of commentary or the user’s personal noncommercial use and enjoyment, so long as proper credit is given to BDV.com. If more than two sentences from an BDV.com article are reproduced, the credit line should include a copyright notice in the name of BDV.com. No user is authorized to change the material or the meaning of the BDV.com material. If these conditions are observed, BDV.com will consider the reproduction to be “fair use.” Use or review of this website does not give any User a license or right under any patent, copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property or personal right of BDV.com or any third party. No BDV.COM trademark may be used in advertising or other commercial materials without the prior express permission of BDV.COM. You also agree to observe the privacy of all other Users and not to use the personal information of any other User for any commercial, promotional, or other purpose. BDV.COM does not warrant the accuracy, completeness, timeliness, or reliability of the material or data on this website or any other site, or available through links from this site. BDV.COM may provide links to third party websites. Links to other websites are provided as a convenience only. BDV.COM does not endorse, is not responsible for, and does not control these third party sites, their services, or their software.
DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
THE MATERIAL ON THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. NOTHING ON THIS WEBSITE IS INTENDED TO CONSTITUTE TAX ADVICE OR OTHER LEGAL ADVICE OF ANY SORT AND NOTHING ON THIS WEBSITE MAY BE USED OR RELIED UPON AS TAX ADVICE OR OTHER LEGAL ADVICE. BDV.COM SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST REVENUES, LOST PROFITS, OR LOSS OF PROSPECTIVE ECONOMIC ADVANTAGE, RESULTING FROM THE USE OR MISUSE OF THIS WEBSITE, OR THE INFORMATION, DOCUMENTS, OR SOFTWARE HEREIN, EVEN IF BDV.COM HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANOTHER PARTY. BDV.COM DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THIS WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR FREE OF INACCURACIES OR ERRORS, NOR DOES BDV.COM WARRANT THAT THE SITE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL ELEMENTS.
A User’s use of this website, and any reliance on any material published or transmitted by this website, is at the User’s own risk. You agree that you hereby release BDV.COM and its affiliates, advertisers, supporters, and authors from any and all liability or obligations arising from the access or use of this website, or any public forum or other area of this website. A User’s sole remedy for any problem or concern is to exit this website. You agree that you will indemnify and hold BDV.COM harmless for any loss, damages, or liability suffered by BDV.COM as a result of your use of this website, or your submission of any material to BDV.COM or this website. BDV.COM reserves the right to restrict or limit access to this website.
Copyright Violations: If you believe that any material on this website infringes your copyright, please notify us as follows, under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”). To notify us, the DMCA requires that you:
1. Send an email notice to BDV.COM to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Include the following information in your email:
a. Identify of the copyrighted work(s) you claim is infringed;
b. Identify the material you claim is infringing the copyright(s), and give enough information for BDV.COM to locate that material;
c. Include a physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf (the “Claimant”);
d. Include the Claimant’s name, address, and telephone number(s);
e. Include a statement that the Claimant has a good faith belief that use of the disputed material is not authorized by the copyright owner or his agent; and
f. Include a statement, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification of copyright infringement is accurate and that the Claimant is the copyright owner or is authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner